Saturday, March 31, 2018

March

This month went by really quickly as well, because we had our Shelf exam so much of my time was spent studying. I did manage to volunteer over 14 hours this month, at the Top Taco Fest, as well as for Edible Schoolyard's An Edible Evening. At Top Taco Fest, a few friends from the program and I were responsible for coordinating with the vendors and making sure they were stocked. This was fun, but pretty tiring as much of my tasks included moving ice from one tent to another.

With An Edible Evening, proceeds from this event went to support Edible Schoolyard' an organization that I have volunteered with several times over the last year, at Open Garden Days, Sweet Potato Fest, and Iron Chef. At An Edible Evening, I volunteered with a few friends from the program, and we were responsible for sorting the compost, trash, and recyclables. I actually learned a lot about what items are able to be sorted into specific categories, and I really enjoyed being involved with an organization I knew I enjoyed giving my time to. I would say all in all, I had a really fun month with my volunteering, and I look forward to my next month.

March Hours: 14
Total Hours: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment

April- Goodbye

This post is more difficult to write than any of the previous ones for a few reasons, the biggest one being that I always have struggled wit...